Faith Through a Lens 2015 photography competition is now closed.
We have received entries from across the UK and thank everyone who submitted photographs in this year’s competition. For details of the 2015 finalists and winning entry please visit the Awards and Highlights page.
If you would like to be notified when the 2016 competition is launched please provide your details to email@example.com
Faith plays a positive role in many peoples' lives and this competition encourages people from all backgrounds and beliefs to engage with the subject of faith in its wider context.
Whether it’s showing compassion, capturing a precious moment or supporting a community, we’re looking to uncover personal experiences which can be shared through the medium of photography.
The competition is funded through the Congregational and General Charitable Trust which was established to support churches and disburses grants on application to churches and other charitable causes.
Our judging panel is led by renowned photographer and photojournalist Don McCullin.
Don is joined by Revd. Dr David Cornick, General Secretary of Churches Together in England, Paresh Solanki from the Inter Faith Network, Photojournalist Hazel Thompson, Stuart Young from Congregational and General Charitable Trust and Aaqil Ahmed Head of Religion and Ethics at the BBC. For more details on Don and the other judges that will be assessing the 2015 entries, please click here.
Faith Through A Lens Photography Competition 2015 (Competition) Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this Competition is Congregational & General Insurance plc (a company registered in England and Wales with company number 00093688), with registered office at Currer House, Currer Street, Bradford, BD1 5BA (Congregational).
2. These terms and conditions are the Competition rules (Rules).
3. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
4. Congregational reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Rules at any time without prior notice.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules or the Competition, the decision of Congregational shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
6. To qualify to enter the Competition the entrant must be at least 16 years old and resident in the United Kingdom.
7. The Competition will run on www.faiththroughalens.co.uk (the Website) from 15 May 2015 midnight until 12 October 2015 midnight. Entries received after that date will not be considered.
8. Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries, or won or been runner-up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
9. Employees of Congregational or any company, organisation or body involved in the Competition or any such company’s subsidiary or associated companies, agents, members of employees’ families or households or any other persons directly or indirectly connected with the Competition are not eligible to enter the Competition. Congregational reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
10. The Competition is only open to amateur photographers. By this we mean that entrants should not earn more than 10% of their total annual income or £5,000 annually from photography.
11. By entering the Competition, the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by the entrant is true, current and complete.
12. Congregational assumes (and the entrant warrants) that by entering the Competition via post or the Website, the entrant has legal capacity to enter the Competition and agree to the Rules (i.e. that the entrant is of sufficient age and mental capacity and is entitled to be legally bound in contract).
13. Congregational reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
14. A maximum of 2 photographs may be submitted per entrant into the Competition.
15. By entering the Competition entrants must agree that they have sought the necessary approvals and consent in writing from parents or guardians of any children likely to be featured in the photographs or any promotional material.
16. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they will incur postage costs when submitting a postal entry and may be subject to call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for internet access.
17. Entries may be submitted via the Website, or by post to the following address: Faith Through A Lens Photography Competition, Congregational & General Insurance plc, Currer House, Currer Street, Bradford BD1 5BA.
18. The 10 shortlisted finalists will be invited to attend an awards presentation in central London on Friday 13 November 2015, where the winners will be announced. Each finalist may bring 1 guest. It is a condition of entry to the Competition that all finalists will be required to participate in the publicity associated with the awards ceremony.
19. If a finalist is not able to attend the awards ceremony, he or she may ask another person to attend on his or her behalf.
20. The Competition prizes:
There will be 3 winners of the Competition: an overall winner and two highly commended winners. The prizes will be photographic or audio visual equipment, specified by Congregational (at its absolute discretion). The overall winner will receive up to £1,000 worth of audio visual and / or photographic equipment; the two highly commended winners will each receive up to £850 worth of audio visual and / or photographic equipment. Up to £1,000 worth of audio visual and / or photographic equipment will be given to each winner’s nominated charity, faith or community group. The winners’ nominated charity, faith or community group must be a UK registered charity.
21. There is no cash prize alternative.
22. The winners’ names will be published on the Website and will also be available by writing to: Faith Through A Lens Photography Competition, Congregational & General Insurance plc, Currer House, Currer Street, Bradford BD1 5BA, 40 days after the closing date.
23. By entering, entrants confirm that they hold copyright to the submitted entries. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries. However, by entering, entrants grant Congregational a worldwide royalty-free licence to edit, crop, re-size, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and marketing purposes related to the promotion of this competition for a period of no more than 5 years. In exercising the rights granted by such licence, Congregational will acknowledge that the entries are the work of the entrant in all cases.
24. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to the storage of their details on Congregational’s database and may be contacted by Congregational by phone or mail in the future about its products and services.
25. Congregational cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of acceptance or non-acceptance of any prize.
26. The Competition and these Rules will be governed by English Law and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
You can get in touch with us by:
Faith Through a Lens Photography Competition,
13 Currer Street,
01274 700 700
Your entry number is: 0000000
Your picture (shown opposite) will appear in the gallery on this website within the next two working days.
You should also receive an email confirming your entry and some important dates for your diary should your entry be successful. Please keep this email safe.
If you experience any problems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we are only able to respond to queries during office hours Monday – Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm.
A maximum of 2 photographs may be submitted per entrant into the competition.